Have you ever thought, “Stop the world I want to get off!”? Meditation can help you to do just that, giving you a welcome and peaceful breather in life.
Pure Meditation is not a Visualisation or Relaxation Technique
Sometimes relaxation practices and visualisations are called meditations; these relaxation practices are valid for helping you to reach a meditative state which is good for being mindful and for feeling more relaxed. However, Pure Meditation helps you to go beyond mindfulness and relaxation to a much deeper place of peace, love and connection to your true essence. Your essence is the inner you, your true nature, not what others feel you should be but the real you.
Pure Meditation is an ancient art and science that is being passed on by trained meditation teachers. In a meditation teaching session you’re given practical life techniques and breaths to help you to still your mind and body, and a meditation practice to help you to go deeper into peace. Life tools are important to learn to support us in our meditation practice, helping us daily to feel more positive, relaxed, mindful and more in charge of ourselves. The benefit of having a one-to-one session with a teacher means that you can discuss any personal thoughts and questions you have about meditation, find out the best way to put a practice into your day, and to have ongoing meditation support.
How Can Meditation Help You?
Regular meditation practice helps to still the mind and body, helping you to connect to an inner place of peace and well-being. By having that place, an inner sanctuary to go to, you can start to feel more in-charge of yourself physically, mentally and emotionally. Meditation can help to release stress and its negative side-effects, lower blood pressure, improve your emotional balance, lift your mood and deeply recharge you.
How would your life change if you felt loved, balanced and well within yourself regardless of any situation? Research from the Neuroscience department in the University College of London shows how meditation can have a positive impact on our health and wellbeing. Studies show how certain parts of the brain are stimulated, resulting in a marked increase in the production of a neurotransmitter called Oxytocin. Oxytocin has been labelled the ‘feel good’ hormone; it’s sometimes called the ‘ love’ hormone. This hormone is naturally produced when we fall in love and when intimately bonding with loved ones, whether other humans or animals.
What are the Benefits?
A Pure Meditation Foundation can help you to:
- Adjust to change – Not feel so overwhelmed or unsettled.
- Deeply recharge – It’s like plugging a rechargeable battery into the charger.
- Relax mind and body – Bring about some inner peace and stillness and find an inner sanctuary.
- Unwind, releasing physical tensions – Your body gets a chance relax and to have a valuable ‘time out’, stopping the whizz of the world for a short time.
- Connect to yourself – Finding and getting in touch with who you really are, your true essence.
- Get a different perspective on problems – A fresh viewpoint on challenges.
- Lift the spirits – It helps to lift the mood by raising Oxytocin levels, and your inner spirit.
- Nurture yourself – Being kind to yourself.
- Be more mindful – With better focus and concentration jobs get done faster, helping to free up more time.
- Have a better relationship with yourself and others – Feeling more love inside helps us to feel more compassion and love for others.
If you’d like yo learn more about meditation, why not try a Pure Meditation Foundation Session!Try Pure Meditation